Canberra Airport Access Arrangements – Ridesharing Pick-ups
Driver Waiting Area
- Ridesharing drivers are only permitted to hold and wait within the airport grounds located at the graded car park, Majura Park precinct.
- GoCatch’s geo-fencing algorithm platform will restrict the receipt of approved pick-ups on the mobile app unless a driver is located within the pre-approved waiting area at the airport.
Driver Pick-up Area
- All pick-ups from the airport terminal are restricted to the Express Pick-up parking facility.
- Access to/from the driver pick-up area will be controlled by the distribution of access parking cards to GoCatch drivers. Canberra Airport will issue access cards directly to GoCatch where GoCatch will be directly responsible to manage and administer the circulation of access cards to its contracted drivers.
- GoCatch will be issued an invoice by Canberra Airport for the production and payment of all access cards issued to authorised drivers.
- GoCatch will provide to Canberra Airport all relevant vehicle fleet information such as make model and registration numbers correlating to the distribution numbered access cards to its drivers. Canberra Airport will not be provided any personal or private information including but not limited names and addresses of drivers or personal contact telephone numbers.
- Parking cards will ONLY allow ingress/egress to the authorised driver pick-up area.
- Parking cards do not allow access to any other controlled parking area located on airport grounds.
- Parking cards are to be kept away from direct sunlight and extreme heat.
- Failure to produce an access card on request may result with additional fees being levied to the driver/operator.
- Access cards are not transferrable with other drivers and are strictly registered to the nominated registered GoCatch vehicle(s).
- The parking / pick-up area has in excess of 190 parking bays which are available to Ridesharing schemes, other ground transport operators and the general public. Parking is supplemented by an air- conditioned customer waiting lounge.
- GoCatch drivers may only use the non-reserved parking bays (as sign- posted) to conduct a customer transportation collection service.
- Access cards provide limited time restricted access into the driver pick-up area with the apportioned access user fees being invoiced directly to GoCatch.
- GoCatch drivers that remain within the driver pick-up area in excess of 15 minutes will be required to pay the normal timed published parking tariff rates which apply. The additional fees will be displayed at the exit boom-gate and the fees must be paid by CREDIT CARD at the exit gate ONLY.
- Lost, stolen or damaged cards can be replaced for a fee of $27.50 (incl. GST). The purchase of a card(s) must be managed and administered by GoCatch.
- Access cards which have been returned to GoCatch may be recycled and reissued to other drivers by GoCatch with advance notification to Canberra Airport.
- Lost or misplaced access cards MUST be immediately notified to Canberra Airport so that the card access privileges can be cancelled.
- Car Park tariff rates are subject to change as determined from time to time.
- Parking rates and fees are correct at the time of issue.
- Car park fees are non-refundable.
Instructions with the Use of Access Cards
- Entry Boom-gate ingress – swipe the access card against the rectangle card reader;
the barrier arm will automatically rise.
- Use the intercom for assistance.
- Exit Boom-gate egress – swipe the access card against the rectangle sensor; the barrier arm will automatically rise.
- Use the intercom for assistance.
Ridesharing Set-Down Procedures
- Ridesharing services are to use the upper departures designated passenger kerbside area for the exclusive set-down of customers at the airport terminal.
- Ridesharing drivers are not permitted to wait or conduct Glide ride- share customer pick-ups at the designated passenger set-down areas, bus and loading zones or the taxi rank.
- Ridesharing drivers are not permitted to wait or conduct passenger drop-offs or pick-ups at the lower level arrivals kerbside area, no stopping or no parking areas.
- Ridesharing drivers must not leave a vehicle unattended at the airport terminal kerbside.
- Ridesharing drivers are not permitted to wait, park or leave a vehicle unattended in a designated loading zone area at the airport terminal.
- Authorised kerbside patrol officers and the AFP may issue parking or traffic infringement notices to Ridesharing drivers who contravene traffic or parking road rules.
- Ridesharing drivers may choose to use the designated pick-up area to set-down customers, however this is discouraged as the movement will attract a pick-up usage fee.
Conduct of Drivers
- Ridesharing drivers are to abide by proper and fair instructions stipulated by airport authorities including law enforcement agencies and Canberra Airport personnel.
- Ridesharing drivers engaged in transportation services are to conduct business activities in a professional and courteous manner with customers at all times whilst maintaining a respectful rapport with other airport operators and stakeholders.
- Ridesharing drivers are not to use other road related or parking areas for the purpose of standing, waiting or the collection of a pre-booked service.
- Ridesharing drivers are not to engage in touting or misrepresentation of services – drivers identified in touting behaviour will be referred to GoCatch and the Regulator.
- Ridesharing drivers who have been engaged by a representative of the Airport Authority relating to a breach is to provide all relevant personal information upon request.
- All breaches or non-conformity to the Airport rules will be referred to GoCatch for internal investigation and probable disciplinary action including airport access sanctions and/or removal from the GoCatch network.
- Canberra Airport reserves the right to apply reasonable sanctions including but not limited to the deactivation of an access card and/or impose a prohibition order against a driver who has contravened the Airport rules.
- Ridesharing drivers are encouraged to report any security related incident or suspicious behaviour to the airport operator on 0411 863 041 or AFP – Aviation Operations Communication Centre (AFP-AOCC) on 131 237.