Queensland Drivers

What documentation do I need to start driving?

  • Unrestricted Australian Driver Licence
    You must have held a full Australian Driver Licence for a minimum of 12 months. The Driver Licence must be current and valid. International, probationary or learner’s Driver Licences are not permitted. 

  • Industry Authority
    For more information on the new framework for personalised transport, click here. Otherwise, please complete the following forms, organise an appointment with your General Practitioner and submit your application in person at a transport and motoring service centre:

    Driver Authorisation Application (includes the Private and Commercial Vehicle Driver’s Health Assessment form). NOTE: General, Booked Hire/Taxi, or Taxi Driver Authorisations will be accepted.
  • Profile Photo
    Please provide a recent, clear and well-lit image of yourself. Your photo will allow passengers to easily identify you, so make sure you smile and dress smart.

  • Vehicle Insurance 
    Please provide a full copy of your valid Third Party Property (Fire and Theft), Third Party Property Damage, or Comprehensive vehicle insurance certificate. CTP is not adequate vehicle insurance.

    The document must have your name printed as the policy holder or nominated driver, and it must display the vehicle’s registration number, details, type of cover, and a future expiry date.

    NOTE: The document is often called a ‘Certificate of Currency’ or ‘Certificate of Insurance’.

  • Vehicle Safety Certificate
    The Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads requires all ride-booking drivers to obtain a current vehicle safety certificate, issued by an Approved Inspection Station.

    Drivers are required to maintain this certificate in their vehicle at all times when providing ride-booking services and are expected to provide evidence of it when requested by a Transport Inspector.

    To find your nearest Approved Inspection Station, click here.
    NOTE: Certificates are valid for 12 months. Each registered vehicle on the GoCatch platform must have its own certificate.
Where can I obtain a vehicle identification sign?
The Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads also requires all ride-booking drivers to display a sign on or towards the rear of the vehicle that reasonably implies that the vehicle is a booked hire vehicle. This must be clearly visible from the outside.

To download your own printable version of the GoCatch Vehicle Identification Sign, click here.


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk