Incident Reporting: All drivers have an obligation to report any incidents (notifiable occurrence) to GoCatch. It's extremely important that all incidents impacting you or your passenger's safety are reported, including any mechanical fault or car damage that results in you not being able to complete the trip. Report all incidents to email@example.com. If in doubt, report it!"
A notifiable occurrence is an incident impacting you or your passenger's safety. This may include:
- Collision sufficient to prevent completion of journey.
- Injury or incident requiring medical assistance.
- Allegations of sexual assault, indecent exposure, actual assault or physical threats and intimidation.
- Being charged with a major offence while vehicle is being used for passenger service
- REMEMBER: if in doubt, report it!
It is your duty to report these incidents as soon as practicable upon becoming aware of the incident. Failure to report a notifiable occurrence incident (subject to facts and circumstances surrounding the incident) can result in penalties ranging from "reduction of status" to "suspension from the platform".
- Offering passengers a choice of music and temperature.
- Assisting travellers with their luggage.
- Allowing a few minutes after the agreed pickup time before starting the meter.
- Thanking Passenger for travelling with you.
- Personal appearance and hygiene - professional drivers wear clothing that reflect the level of service they provide. An example of professional driving attire is a collared shirt, pants and business shoes, and ensuring personal hygiene is maintained with no odour.
- Keep conversation to a minimum "as needs basis". Of course check the passenger name and destination and answer questions from passengers politely. However your role is to focus on driving and getting passengers safely to their destination. You cannot control the mood of a passenger and their views on topics so please try to avoid starting conversations or talking about yourself as you cannot control the mood of a passenger to those discussions. If they have a negative view on your conversation it is likely to result in a negative rating. So we think it is best drivers don't instigate conversation.
- Do not engage in discussions about the pricing of the trip with the passenger. Just let them know to contact GoCatch as the app sets the price. Equally drivers should not be making derogatory comments about the pricing, why a passenger chose a category of service, competitors or the industry. Again such discussions negatively impact the trip experience and are likely to lead to negative driver ratings.
- Dangerous driving; such as speeding or texting when driving.
- Having mobile phone conversations.
- Refusing to enter the destination into a GPS device.
- Foul language.
- Eating or smoking when a passenger is in the vehicle.
- Inappropriate comments or conversations (particularly towards female passengers).
- Emotive conversation topics or discussions about the fare and the industry.
Harassment: We do not tolerate Harassment of any users on our platform. Please report any incidents as soon as reasonably possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reports of harassment will be investigated, and swift action can be taken. Penalties, depending on severity, may result in a permanent ban from the GoCatch platform. Please read our policy on sexual harassment here. This outlines what is considered sexual harassment, the consequences of this behaviour, and what to do if you feel you have been sexually harassed.